The closing date is 13 March 2022
Your role as Human Resources Assistant will be to work collaboratively with the management team across our Workington sites to support a proactive, customer focused and efficient HR administration service to our staff, enabling them to deliver Our Vision. Highly organised, you will thrive on efficiently coordinating all recruitment, on-boarding and training activities; delivering high quality statistics and reports; in line with our HR policy and procedures. With a good sense of humour, you will have a flexible approach to working hours.
Main duties of the job
The key outcomes for your role include accurately and efficiently:
- Managing aspects of recruitment and selection of candidates
- Coordinating learning and development of staff
- Managing HR system
North Cumbria Primary Care Ltd (NCPC) is an innovative not for profit social enterprise, established to create a network of great surgeries which sustains and supports the development of general practice across the local area. We enable our member general practices to continue to operate as local family practices with the benefit of a large and robust infrastructure to provide support. Primary Care in Workington is currently going through a major transformational redesign of our clinical model to develop and sustain primary care services, support new ways of working to increase efficiency and improve patient experience of the services we deliver.
Recruitment and selection
- Co-ordinate all recruitment, selection and on-boarding administration activities
- Support managers with recruitment interviews
- Manage recruitment from start to end along with inductions on new starters
- Liaising with Service Delivery Leads and Workington Locality Lead to coordinate the authorising of posts
- Advertising vacancies on websites and NHS Jobs
- Sending application to recruitment panels to complete shortlisting and setting up interviews
- Preparing and issuing conditional offer letters
- Requesting and completing pre-employment checks
- Regular review of own case load to ensure KPIs are met
- Preparing and issuing contracts and addendums
- Preparing and submitting payroll forms
- Completing new starter administration and entering onto the HR system
- Maintaining regular contact with recruiting managers and applicants by telephone and video call
Learning and development
- Coordinate all learning and development and appraisal activities
- You will assist with scheduling training and organising and completing bookings for external training. You will also assist with sending and collecting appraisal training feedback forms.
HR systems, administrations, and reports
- Administer all employee starter, leaver and change correspondence, ensuring our HR data base and payroll are updated
- Produce well-presented reports and statistics from data held in our HR database
- Co-ordinate all new and periodic DBS and Right to Work checks
- HR administration, maintaining information and ensuring that staff personnel changes are documented and updated and staff filing is kept up to date on our Human Resources Management System
- Audit paper and electronic records
- You will be responsible for the co-ordination of the monthly payroll process and dealing with any staff enquiries regarding pay liaising on their behalf with our management accountant.
- You will assist the appropriate Service Delivery Lead with scheduling training and organising and completing bookings for external training. You will also assist with sending and collecting appraisal training feedback forms.
- You will have a sound knowledge and understanding of all our policies and their practical application to aid you to provide advice and support to all staff.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
James Street Group Practice